Subject: Re: cvs update failed
To: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
From: None <erh@nimenees.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/28/2000 12:22:44
On Thu, Apr 27, 2000 at 05:43:23PM -0400, Andrew Brown wrote:
> >It's been this way for a while... you may not have noticed it earlier if
> >you did the cvs update after a 'make cleandir'.  I run into this when
> >trying to update into the directory when there are object files in it.
>
> yeah.  i was trying to "win" and not have to rebuild everything.
> aw...shucks.
	With a custom bsd.{prog,lib}.mk you can probably create a target
that does mv ${SRCS:.c=.o} ${PROG} lib${LIB}.so* lib${LIB}.a obj.foo/
reasonably easily.
	Or, actually, change /bin/rm to be a script that does essentially this
and run a make cleandir.  (You'd have to do something to get around the automatic
obj dir handling, however)

eric