Subject: Re: vnlock problem
To: Justin T. Gibbs <gibbs@FreeBSD.org>
From: Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 04/28/2000 15:58:08
On Thu, Apr 20, 2000 at 08:46:41AM -0600, Justin T. Gibbs wrote:
> >> What is the brand and type of this SCSI disk?
> >
> >ahc0: target 0 synchronous at 20.0MHz, offset = 0xf
> >ahc0: target 0 using tagged queuing
> >sd0 at scsibus0 target 0 lun 0: <QUANTUM, XP34550S, LXY1> SCSI2 0/direct fixed
>
> You should upgrade this driver to LXY4.  The drive may hang under heavy
> tag load otherwise.

- How do I upgrade this driver to LXY4? I spent quite a while at
  www.quantum.com with no success other than finding "downloadable firmware"
  mentioned a lot in the sales doc. Not where from, or how to do it..
- I was having hangs on /usr/obj which is on sd1 which is
sd1 at scsibus0 target 2 lun 0: <QUANTUM, XP34550S, LXY4> SCSI2 0/direct fixed
  ie., already LXY4, or is it that it in turn is mounted on /usr which is on
  sd0 which is LXY1?

Anyway, with some hints, I'd like to try upgrading the driver and turn
tagged queuing back on...

Cheers,

Patrick