Subject: Re: ipv6 gif tunnel problem
To: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
From: Feico Dillema <dillema@acm.org>
List: current-users
Date: 04/26/2000 22:55:11
On Wed, Apr 26, 2000 at 04:45:52PM -0400, Andreas Wrede wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Apr 2000, Greywolf wrote:
>
> > Is there an ipv6 tutorial anywhere?  I'd like to figure out how to talk
> > ipv6 to the Real World.
>
> The NetBSD IPv6 Networking FAW is an excellent start: http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/network/ipv6/
> You can get an instant IPv4/IPv6 tunnel to the 6bone from http://www.freenet6.net/
>
> If you have a machine running -current with IPv6 in the kernel, you
> should be on the 6Bone within minutes :-)

I recently saw 6to4 interface (if_stf.c) in NetBSD-current. There's
even a manual page: stf(4). Haven't actually tried it yet, but it
may be a good alternative to a tunnel to the 6bone. (and remember: our
NetBSD mirror is on the 6bone {anoncvs|ftp2|www2}.no.netbsd.org. So
you can even make decent use of the it ;)

Feico.