Subject: Re: CardBus help..
To: None <seebs@plethora.net>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baesystems.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 04/26/2000 19:53:23
According to Peter Seebach:

>Are you doing CardBus, or pcic?

IIRC he tried both. Ryan is having problems getting a wavelan card to
work much like I had.  The hacks with setting the
PCIC_ISA_ALLOC_IOBASE/IOSIZE made the card work with PCIC but CardBus
still fails with the same error of "cannot get mac address".

I too had problems trying to get cardbus to work, I tried adding the
suggested hacks (enabling PCI_BIOS et al) but that made my kernel
panic.  I don't know if that was fixed or not.

Is cardbus much better than pcmcia?  At the moment my wavelan is
working fine at a pcmcia card - would it be better as a cardbus card?
(I assume it can do this....)