Subject: Re: Quake 3 under Linux emulation
To: None <jmcneill@invisible.yi.org>
From: Brad Spencer <brad@anduin.eldar.org>
List: current-users
Date: 04/25/2000 19:30:33
   Incase anybody didn't know, the Quake 3 Arena deom runs great under Linux
   emulation. I unpacked binaries for utah-glx (from
   http://linuxmafia.org/pcentral/) into /emul/linux, and the game runs
   fine (well, "fine" being "as good as the nVidia drivers are
   (which are crap BTW)"). However, the install script dies with
   'function: not found' so I had to install it with a Linux box and then ftp
   it over. I tried running the (massive) script through sed, to replace
   every instance of /bin/sh with /usr/pkg/bin/bash, but again it died with
   the same error. Anybody else had this problem?

   Jared

The real version of Quake 3 [that is, the non-demo version] also works
under NetBSD/i386 Linux emulation.

The install script didn't work for me, either.  However, it wasn't that
hard to figure out what to copy off of the CD to get it working.

Brad Spencer - brad@anduin.eldar.org   http://anduin.eldar.org
[finger brad@anduin.eldar.org for PGP public key]