Subject: Re: build whacked from bsd.prog.mk change?
To: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/25/2000 13:08:24
On Tue, 25 Apr 2000, Chuck McManis wrote:

# Is there a mapping of CVS id's to email addresses? 'mrg' changed
# bsd.prog.mk on April 14th to include '-Wl,-rpath-link,$DESTDIR/usr/lib' and
# it breaks building on the VAX in a huge way. (Note: using 1.4X as the build
# system so I don't _think_ it is another stupid "gee I checked in this
# feature to gcc and changed the build to depend on it at the same time" kind
# of moves.) The complaint comes from ld which is trying to open
# $DESTDIR/usr/lib as a link component and since it is a directory it bombs
# out with "not a archive or rel object."
#
# If someone could enlighten me to what it should _really_ say, I'd
# appreciate it and restart my build (these things take 3 days on the VAX so
# they are a pain to restart folks!)

I'm in the same boat, here (minus the VAX boat anchor).  I've had some
stuff come up and evaluate to '-Wl,-R/lib'...hmm, maybe a different
boat after all.

I've changed my /etc/mk.conf to handle both the system cases and the pkg
cases.  It seems to work now...

#
# --Chuck
#
#

				--*greywolf;
--
"Windows/NT - From the people who brought you EDLIN".