Subject: Re: mozilla maintainer wanted
To: None <scbrown@netscape.com>
From: Brad Spencer <brad@anduin.eldar.org>
List: current-users
Date: 04/25/2000 15:00:39
   I seem to have gotten fairly far on the NetBSD/macppc side by creating
   symlinks from "lib*.so" to the "lib*.so.1.0" everytime it stops like this
   and then starting "gmake" again(kind of tedious though).  I noticed
   a variable in the configure script, "NEED_BASE_DLL_NAME_ALSO",
   that seems to be supposed to address this, but it doesn't occur in any
   of the Makefiles.  Setting it seems to make no difference.

   Anyway, my efforts seem to be stymied by lack of memory:

   nsHTMLAttributes.o: could not read symbols: Memory exhausted
   collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
   gmake[2]: *** [libraptorhtml.so.1.0] Error 1
   gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/mozilla/layout/build'
   gmake[1]: *** [install] Error 2
   gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/mozilla/layout'
   gmake: *** [install] Error 2

   This kind of seems odd, though as I have 64MB of real memory, of which top
   claims 47MB are free.  I also have plenty of free swap:

   schizo# swapctl -l
   Device      1K-blocks     Used    Avail Capacity  Priority
   /dev/sd1b      132462        0   132462     0%    0

   This is on NetBSD 1.4X from the April 15 tar files.

   Steve

   p.s.  I also wound up forcing the "NO_LD_ARCHIVE_FLAGS" variable
       in configure as otherwise I wound up with "undefined reference" errors
       on linking.  Not sure what is up there.

I'v never seen anything like the above on NetBSD/i386 when trying to do
the builds.  What is the user process limits on the user that is
attempting to build Mozilla???

Brad Spencer - brad@anduin.eldar.org   http://anduin.eldar.org
[finger brad@anduin.eldar.org for PGP public key]