Subject: Lucent Wavelan vs. 11 Mbit
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@rumolt.teuto.de>
List: current-users
Date: 04/25/2000 18:50:34
I have two i386 machines with Lucent WaveLan Turbo Silver cards. The cards
are about 1 meter away from each other with free sight ;-)

Media for the wi0 interface is DS11 mediaopt adhoc, the other side is a windows
notebook in default configuration.

After noticing about 470 kByte/s transferrates via ftp, I changed the TX speed
selection via wiconfig to 11, now wiconfig reports "TX rate (selection): 11"
and "TX speed (actual speed): 2". (Before it was 3 and 2 resp.)

What does "Comms quality/signal/noise: 0/27/27" mean?

Is this an interoperability issue with the Lucent windows driver? I'm going to
use the second card in a NetBSD machine later, will I see beter throughput?

Martin