Subject: CardBus thread crashes in pcmcia_attach
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@rumolt.teuto.de>
List: current-users
Date: 04/24/2000 21:25:44
I have a (borrowed) PCMCIA card (not CardBus!) that crashes in
pcmcia_scan_cis when inserted into a pcmcia slot attached at cardbus (TI 1250
controller). The same used to work in another notebook without cardbus
support. Other  cards (i.e. 3Com ep0) work fine. I'm using PCIBIOS,
interrupt and busnumber fixup.

Side note: this cardbus bridge seems to emulate a "pcic0 at isa" to
some degree; a kernel without cardbus support does probe the pcmcia
slots, but doesn't see any cards in there. I think this is a showstopper
for generic kernels! The "pcic0 at isa" attaches when the cardbus code is
present as well.

The driver trying to attach is written by me, so maybe I'm doing something
stupid there (but I'm not calling pcmcia_scan_cis myself).

I'm goint to recompile with full symbols and kgdb support right now.

If anyone in the know of the cardbus code would contact me privately to
help sort this out, please?

Martin
P.S.: this is -current, cvs update sometime this weekend, i386