Subject: Re: anoncvs
To: Eric Delcamp <e.delcamp@wanadoo.fr>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/23/2000 10:18:57
On Sun, 23 Apr 2000, Eric Delcamp wrote:

> I'm using sup, but want to try AnonCVS like Jason told to me.
> I have followed instructions on the Web site, ignoring step 5 (like
> mentioned in previous messages in this mailing list (and send-pr to fix this
> documentation)). But if I do, under /usr/src : cvs checkout -P src-norypto,
> this will create a /usr/src/src directory and put everything under it. Not
> the goal. I also have tried, under /usr: cvs checkout -d src -P
> src-nocrypto, but got strange results and break it after 3 minutes.
> Oh, one thing I must say : I have nowhere CVS directories in my source tree
> (you know, SUP don't use CVS dirs).

You can't use the old sup tree. Without the CVS directories, cvs can't
know which files need to be merged and which are OK, so at best it
would download everything anyway. The checkout under /usr should work
if you move the sup "src" out of the way.

> Any solution ? I'm tired of getting the cvs tree for hours and hours....

You could download and untar the source tarballs, and change all the
CVS/Root entries to :pserver:anoncvs@anoncvs.netbsd.org, or
anoncvs@anoncvs.netbsd.org for ssh, but that's probably not any
easier.