Subject: PC-ish hardware, free to good home.
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: current-users
Date: 04/22/2000 23:47:32
Specifically, a monitor/keyboard/mouse switch; it's an older model, a Belkin
Omniview PS/2.  Talks to PS/2 and AT keyboards, handles medium-high-res VGA
(up to at least 1280x1024, but that gets a bit fuzzy).  Can be connected to
a PS/2 mouse and/or a serial mouse, but will not translate between them; I've
seen some PS/2 mouse interfaces get confused by it, especially when it
switches.  Manual probably available.

However, if you want a keyboard and monitor shared among up to 4 devices
which can be persuaded to appear to have PS/2 or AT keyboards (I have used
this with an Amiga using an Amiga<->AT adapter), it'll work.

Free to good home for use with BSD-type systems.  I'd love it if a "buyer"
offered to pay shipping, but I can survive without it.  :)

-s