Subject: Re: ftp proxy settings?
To: Edwin Foo <efoo@crl.dec.com>
From: Thilo Manske <Thilo.Manske@HEH.Uni-Oldenburg.DE>
List: current-users
Date: 04/20/2000 17:34:15
On Thu, Apr 20, 2000 at 11:02:02AM -0400, Edwin Foo wrote:
> I'm trying to get the built-in ftp to work through my proxy server, but I'm
> confused as to how to configure it to work properly. I've tried setting
> ftp_proxy and http_proxy to various combinations of:
>
> proxy.domain.com:8080
> ftp://proxy.domain.com:8080
> http://proxy.domain.com:8080

It's
ftp_proxy="http://proxy.domain.com:8080/"
for ftp requests
and
http_proxy=<the same>
for http.

But please note that ftp(1) can't use a (non-transparent) proxy in
interactive mode. It works fine for "ftp <URL>" as it's used by the
package system. (ftp over http via proxy can't do much more than getting
files).
--
Dies ist Thilos Unix Signature! Viel Spass damit.