Subject: Re: vnlock problem
To: Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk>
From: Frank van der Linden <frank@wins.uva.nl>
List: current-users
Date: 04/20/2000 13:51:43
On Thu, Apr 20, 2000 at 12:17:22PM +0100, Patrick Welche wrote:
> So, it seems that the files are corrupted under high activity. The one
> significant change in that area since it last worked (1.4U) is that I have a
>     Vendor Name: Adaptec (0x9004)
>     Device Name: AHA-2940A Ultra (0x6178)
> and believe that formerly tagged queuing wasn't enabled by default but now is?

You can disable tagged queueing in the ahc driver by commenting out
all references to ahc_check_tags (that is: the prototype declaration, the
call to the function and the function itself) in sys/dev/ic/aic7xxx.c
and recompile.

Or just make ahc_check_tags return immediately without doing anything.

I've heard some stories about devices misbehaving with tagged queueing
(with other drivers too), but never detailed ones. It's working fine
for me under heavy load.

What is the brand and type of this SCSI disk?

- Frank