Subject: Re: Lucent WaveLan does not work for me
To: Martin Husemann <martin@rumolt.teuto.de>
From: Bill Sommerfeld <sommerfeld@orchard.arlington.ma.us>
List: current-users
Date: 04/11/2000 17:08:05
> Since the card is probed correctly, it seems to be working a bit ;-)
>
> Why does attach fail? What shall I do?

the lucent cards require a very large chunk of i/o port space:

	wi0 at pcmcia0 function 0 port 0x380-0x3bf: could not get mac address, attach failed

Most likely there's a conflict in that range (they seem to be fairly
common on some laptops); try playing with the PCIC_ISA_ALLOC_IOBASE
and PCIC_ISA_ALLOC_IOSIZE config options (or patching the kernel
globals pcic_isa_alloc_iobase and pcic_isa_alloc_iosize).

We should probably arrange to reserve ranges mentioned by pnpbios so
they don't get dynamically allocated...

					- Bill