Subject: Re: /etc/rc.d/ runs slowsly
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/10/2000 23:34:29
[ On Sunday, April 9, 2000 at 21:23:44 (+0200), Wolfgang Rupp wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: /etc/rc.d/ runs slowsly
>
> I've followed this thread since it's beginning. I think it is time to
> disagree now: I _do_ have NFS-mounted /usr, especially on some old VAXen
> at home. /usr just does not fit onto an RD53 but NFS works fine.

Will /usr fit if you don't install comp, games, man, etc.?  (all of the
latter can easily be installed on a union-mounted NFS partition, or even
on another local spindle if you have one).

Can you net-boot that machine?

Which is faster at filesystem accesses and at swap accesses:  NFS or the
RD53?

--
							Greg A. Woods