Subject: uhci problem with -current
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Jones <chris@cjones.org>
List: current-users
Date: 04/05/2000 17:27:22
My laptop's USB doesn't work, but it works with a 1.4.1 GENERIC
kernel.  Running -current (today's -current, that is), if I plug in a
device, and then immediately run usbdevs, I get:

reddwarf# usbdevs -v
Controller /dev/usb0:
addr 1: self powered, config 1, UHCI root hub(0x0000), Intel(0x8086), rev 1.00
 port 1 addr 0 should never happen!
 port 2 powered

And, a few seconds later, I get:

uhub0: device problem, disabling port 1

I've reproduced this with multiple USB devices:  speakers,
hub/ethernet, and serial dongle.  At least the speakers work on my
home machine, with an ohci.

FWIW, the hub has a "SELF PWR" light and a "BUS PWR" light, and the
"BUS PWR" never comes on, no matter what I do.

What should I do to test this?  Is there USB debugging I can turn on?
Should I just compile with UHCI_DEBUG?  Or would something else likely
be more helpful?

Chris

--
Chris Jones                                          cjones@honors.montana.edu