Subject: Re: my wavelans hate my toshiba laptop...
To: Brett Lymn <blymn@baea.com.au>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baea.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 04/05/2000 19:43:23
According to Daniel Carosone:

>Sorry to hear that.

So am I, I live in hope though.

>pcmcia at cardbus or pcic? -current or 1.4.2?  PNPBIOS?

pcmcia at pcic - I stripped all the cardbus stuff out of my kernel
just in case it was skewing something.  I have tried both a -current
1.4T and 1.4V kernel with the same results.  My main machine has PNP
enabled, I am not sure if the lapdog has such a concept.

>I can state with confidence that those very same cards work fine for
>me in my toshiba.  :-)

Yeah I know.  I am thinking the 700CT is a crock, no stereo sound, the
display is dodgy.... sigh.

>Be aware that those cards might have a mix of v4 and v6 firmware.

Well, NT doesn't BSOD without the wavelan there so it looks like I
will have to do the driver update tango on NT.