Subject: Re: CVS anon stuff
To: Laine Stump <lainestump@rcn.com>
From: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@prez.org>
List: current-users
Date: 03/30/2000 18:48:30
>At 08:32 AM 3/30/00 -0800, Grey Wolf wrote:
>>I was following the directions on the web page, by the way.  I find them
>>somewhat misleading.  Yes, you'll have a full tree under /usr/src...
>>but it stuffs them under /usr/src/syssrc, which is not what I wanted,
>>nor does it make sense!
>
>This must have been the result of performing step 5. If you skip step 5 and
>do step 6, you should get sys in /usr/src/sys (that's what happened for me,
>anyway - has anything changed in that respect in the last 5 months? I don't
>feel like doing a new full checkout just to test it...). A big note should
>be made in the instructions that you should do step 5 *OR* step 6,
>depending on whether you want just syssrc or the entire tree, but not both.
>Also, the commandline for step 5 should have a -d sys added to it, as
>someone suggested in an earlier mail.

I recently started using anonCVS, so here were my experiences:

Install cvs from pkgsrc
setenv CVSROOT :pserver:anoncvs@anoncvs.netbsd.org:/cvsroot
I already had a /usr/src as I had previously been using sup
cd /usr/src
cvs login (password anoncvs)
cvs checkout -P src-crypto-all

I then waited awhile ;-)

I then created a cron job to run every day at like 4am, with the only
command being /root/docvs.

I created a text file (docvs) and put this in it:
-----
#!/bin/sh -

cd /usr
/usr/pkg/bin/cvs -q -d :pserver:anoncvs@anoncvs.netbsd.org:/cvsroot
update -d -P
-----

Everything's seemed to be working fine since then :-)

Mike
Bikers don't *DO* taglines.