Subject: Re: CVS anon stuff
To: Jeff Rizzo <riz@boogers.sf.ca.us>
From: Grey Wolf <greywolf@siteROCK.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/30/2000 08:32:29
On Wed, 29 Mar 2000, Jeff Rizzo wrote:

# On Wed, Mar 29, 2000 at 01:47:12PM -0800, Grey Wolf wrote:
# > I can't seem to do this right.  I have
# >
# > CVSROOT=:pserver:anoncvs@anoncvs.netbsd.org:/cvsroot
# > CVS_RSH=ssh
# >
# > and I can log in via cvs login, but when I go to do a 'cvs co syssrc/sys'
# > as requested, it insists on creating a syssrc dir under /usr/src.
#
# Yes, because you're checking something new out... if you're updating an
# existing tree, you want to use "cvs update" instead.  (See below)

Nope, blew away whole tree..

I was following the directions on the web page, by the way.  I find them
somewhat misleading.  Yes, you'll have a full tree under /usr/src...
but it stuffs them under /usr/src/syssrc, which is not what I wanted,
nor does it make sense!

# Hope this helps.

Helped a lot.  One more thing that kind of tosses me for a loop is that
I'm trying to do the security-us thing.  Here's what I do:

netbsd# cd /usr
netbsd# cvs co -P -d src src-crypto-all

And it seems to do just about everything right, except at the very end
I see:

cvs server: existing repository /cvsroot/basesrc does not match \
	/cvsroot/gnusrc/gnu
cvs server: ignoring module _gnusrc-cmp
cvs server: existing repository /cvsroot/basesrc does not match \
	/cvsroot/sharesrc/share
cvs server: ignoring module _sharesrc-cmp
cvs server: existing repository /cvsroot/basesrc does not match \
	/cvsroot/syssrc/sys
cvs server: ignoring module _syssrc-cmp1
cvs server: existing repository /cvsroot/basesrc does not match \
	/cvsroot/syssrc/usr.sbin/config
cvs server: ignoring module _syssrc-cmp2
cvs server: existing repository /cvsroot/basesrc does not match \
	/cvsroot/syssrc/usr.sbin/dbsym
cvs server: ignoring module _syssrc-cmp3
cvs server: existing repository /cvsroot/basesrc does not match \
	/cvsroot/cryptosrc-us/crypto-us
cvs server: ignoring module _cryptosrc-us-cmp

I must have missed something, somewhere...

#
# +j
#
# --
# Jeff Rizzo                                         http://boogers.sf.ca.us/~riz
#

				--*greywolf;
--
	OpenSource is NOT exclusive to Linux.  Explore your options!