Subject: Re: IrDA (was: Nokia GSM phones and pkgsrc? kernel?)
To: None <feico@pasta.cs.uit.no>
From: PER4MANCE, J. Dolecek <jdolecek@per4mance.cz>
List: current-users
Date: 03/30/2000 13:17:58
Feico Dillema wrote:
> Yes, if you are not the author and copyrightholder. I cannot imagine
> the GPL actually restricting the rights of the copyrightholder itself
> (unless copyright has been transferred to the FSF or such).

Exactly. The licence any software is distributed under
may be changed by author arbitrarily - though (s)he should ensure the
old code is available also under the "old" licence as well.

When we are speaking of GPL, the Linux IrDA code may have been poisoned
by GPL code from outside (i.e. by copying something from other
part of kernel or such). Those parts need to be rewritten
to avoid the GPL virus - author should know what the parts are :)

Jaromir