Subject: Re: anoncvs says
To: Leonard Sitongia <sitongia@cgd.ucar.edu>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/29/2000 18:56:44
On Wed, 29 Mar 2000, Leonard Sitongia wrote:

> I'm trying to track NetBSD-current as according to
> http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/current/
>
> First, it appears that it uses a CVSROOT different from what I set
> the environmental to in root's login, so I have to do
>
> cvs -d $CVSROOT login
>
> It then appears that I login OK.

"logging in" to cvs means creating a ~/.cvspass file. It doesn't alter
the CVS/Root file(s). (Actually it does, in some versions, but with
the current development version it doesn't. It never changed more than
the top CVS/Root file, in any case.) You'll need to either add the
"-d" to every invocation of cvs-- you could simply alias "cvs" to "cvs
-d $CVSROOT"--or change all the CVS/Root files--e.g.: "echo $CVSROOT >
Root && find /usr/pkgsrc -name Root -path \*CVS\* | xargs cp Root".

> When I go to do a command, like an update
>
> cd /usr/src
> cvs update -d -P
>
> I get a Connection refused.  It's going to nb00.nas.nasa.gov.

That's cvs.netbsd.org. anoncvs == nb02.nas.nasa.gov.