Subject: Re: CF cards and CardBus
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang@wsrcc.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/28/2000 16:24:28
seebs@plethora.net (Peter Seebach) writes:
> So, I'm playing with these more, and I've had a handful of cases where
> a card will probe and run for a while, but, under load, will cause the
> system to hang completely.  Anyone else had problems like this?  Is anyone
> else using CF cards at all?  :)

Well not CF the other flavor, smartmedia.  I believe it looks the same
as CF would to the kernel though (a wdc/wd pair).

I'm not really using the adaptor to transfer pictures though.  Even
though the serial line takes 8 minutes (at 115k) it doesn't hang my
kernel for the first 45 seconds like the adaptor does.  ;-) That is
worth more.  I'll save the adaptor for when I'm hiking and need to
conserve the camera's batteries.

-wolfgang
--
       Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang+gnus@dailyplanet.wsrcc.com>