Subject: Power Management and IOflush???
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Feico Dillema <dillema@acm.org>
List: current-users
Date: 03/28/2000 13:16:51
Hi,

I have been running -current on my laptop for a while and have noticed
that since the softdep code entered NetBSD the disk of my laptop
doesn't decently spin down anymore to save me some battery (it does
spin down but never for long). About every 30 seconds there's
diskaccess taking place, even if the system is idle and even when it
is in single user mode. Is the ioflush thread responsible for this?
And if so, is this a bug or a feature (that hopefully can be
configured away somehow)?

There are two more machines here running some form of netbsd-current
that have the same problem.

Feico.