Subject: Re: Stupid automake!
To: Simon Burge <simonb@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@polder.ubc.kun.nl>
List: current-users
Date: 03/28/2000 01:25:56
On Tue 28 Mar 2000 at 09:03:53 +1000, Simon Burge wrote:
> Olaf Seibert wrote:
>
> > [ automake craziness ]
> >
> > Aaargh! Help! What do I do now? This is an unmaintainable disaster...
>
> The first thing that comes to mind is throw out the Makefile.am's and
> use BSD Makefiles :-)

Well, yes, perhaps if I knew how it was all supposed to work...  and the
same would also have to be done to everything in /usr/src/gnu, since the
pkgsrc/cross are based on the same sources as /usr/src/gnu is, but
getting more and more out of sync... And this would of course mean
getting even more out of sync with the original gnu sources.

> Simon.
-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert - rhialto@polder.ubc.     -- If one tells the truth,
\X/ .kun.nl     -- one is sure, sooner or later, to be found out. (Oscar Wilde)