Subject: VAX: lib building issue with -current
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/23/2000 13:54:49
I checked on my complete build of 1.4U and noticed it was burbling all over
itself and the reason was that libc had not been installed in DESTDIR. I
went back in the logs and it had made libc, it just hadn't installed it yet
and that tickled some old neurons that were active a while ago about
library dependencies in the build and build order etc.

The question is whether the new dependall target installs libraries or not.
It must install some of them, and if it didn't get libc was that a bug or a
feature? I manually did a make install from the src/lib/libc directory and
restarted the build but was wondering where I should poke to see where the
problem is.

--Chuck