Subject: No console + build failure on macppc
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Hans-Christian Becker <hcb@phc.chalmers.se>
List: current-users
Date: 03/22/2000 19:02:43
This is for a netbooted (no ofwboot.elf, just the kernel) B&W G3.

1. The last few -current kernels I have built don't give any output
to my screen (I get a blank white screen). The kernel boots OK
though, since I can log in to the machine over the network. This is
what dmesg says:
ofb0 at pci0 dev 16 function 0: ATI Technologies product 0x5245
ofb0: 1280 x 1024, 8bpp
wsdisplay0 at ofb0: console (std, vt100 emulation)
Except for the 8bpp, this is what I'm running in MacOS.

2. Today's `make build' fails very early with "don't know how to make
awicntl.h".

hcb
--
Dr. Hans-Christian Becker (hcb@phc.chalmers.se)