Subject: No PPTP?
To: BSD Current Users <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/21/2000 16:11:03
[This might be better redirected to tech-kern, but I thought it better
to at least start here.]

I thought that, once upon an age, I had encountered

	options PPTP

in the GENERIC kernel.

Am I hallucinating?  Do we not support PPTP?  What kind of VPN support
do we have?  I need to know because I'm going to be upgrading to DSL
Real Soon Now (for work purposes) and connecting to a VPN on a periodic
basis.  Any pointers would be well appreciated, as i don't want to be
forced to use something else besides BSD (notably, Windows!) to talk
to our VPN.  Linux apparently has some VPN support, but I'm cloudy on
the details there; and I've already stated my bent on that.

				--*greywolf;
--
BSD: Dave Barry is working on our motto.