Subject: Re: The new rc.d stuff...
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Feico Dillema <dillema@acm.org>
List: current-users
Date: 03/18/2000 17:44:59
On Sat, Mar 18, 2000 at 11:10:06AM -0500, Mason Loring Bliss wrote:

> The new rc.d stuff pretty much rocks. I like it.

Yes! I think it's a very cool answer to the age-old religious BSD/SysV
wars on it. Finally a solution that is way better than either of the
two. Will this be given some publicity? I think at least it warrants
mention in the News section of www.netbsd.org, but I think an
announcement/article on daemonnews is even better. Well, just a thouht
from an enthousiast.

And... will in the future the pkgsrc system also follow this model?
I.e. will ${PREFIX}/etc/rc.d be added to the current /etc/rc.d to
look for entries?

Feico.