Subject: Re: Netpliance Iopener booted with NetBSD...
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Roger Brooks <R.S.Brooks@liverpool.ac.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 03/16/2000 16:54:59
On Fri, 17 Mar 2000, Robert Elz wrote:

>Before those things get shipped around, perhaps someone ought check
>how easily it is going to be to make them work on other than 110V 60Hz.
>The web page (when I looked at it briefly, just to see what all the fuss
>was about) seemed pretty explicit that 110V was what these ran on.
>230-110V transformers are ugly beasts to need to have floating around
>if 110V is all that those devices can handle.

I've just spoken to Dave Tyson -- we might be interested in one each
(depending on price), provided that it would work on our electricity
(240V, 50Hz).  We are both in the process of wiring our respective
houses for ethernet, and the Iopener looks like it would make a neat
portable terminal.

But if it's 110V only, that would be a show-stopper.

Roger

Roger Brooks (Systems Programmer),          |  Email: R.S.Brooks@liv.ac.uk
Computing Services Dept,                    |  Tel:   +44 151 794 4441
The University of Liverpool,                |  Fax:   +44 151 794 4442
PO Box 147, Liverpool L69 3BX, UK           |