Subject: New ahc driver.
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Frank van der Linden <frank@wins.uva.nl>
List: current-users
Date: 03/15/2000 04:29:43
I just checked in a new version of the ahc driver (Adaptec SCSI), based
on the FreeBSD driver by Justin Gibbs.

This driver provides support for the newer Adaptec cards, most notably
789x-based ones. It has been tested on most Adaptec cards/chipsets on
the i386. It has been tested with a few UW and U2W cards on the alpha
and macppc platforms. I'm using it on my main machine, and it's been
stable for me.

Note that the option that the old driver had to enable tagged queueing
(AHC_TAGENABLE) isn't there yet. I will put it in later this week,
I think. I don't think many people used this option, as it used
to have some problems.

If you have any problems, let me know.

- Frank