Subject: Re: XFree 4.0
To: None <thorpej@shagadelic.org>
From: Oleg Polyanski <luke@eed.miee.ru>
List: current-users
Date: 03/14/2000 01:44:42

 >> Will XFree4.0 be contributed into NetBSD X source directory?

 JRT> Probably, eventually.  There's the issue of porting the display card
 JRT> drivers that exist in our tree but not the XFree86 tree.

 JRT> I'll take this opportunity to say - "Too bad XFree86 4.0 still sucks on
 JRT> the inside."  They have apparently ignored repeated pleas to implement
 JRT> a reasonably sane bus space mapping abstraction in their code.  Yay,
 JRT> more stupid hacks to work on non-x86 systems.

        By the way, does anyone know why aperture driver with P6 (and higher)
        MTRR support is not in NetBSD-current/i386 branch?  I almost wrote my
        own  MTRR   support code before   discovered  an updated   version of
        aperture LKM in XFree86 4.0 source tree.   It's not obvious place for
        searching updated aperture driver.