Subject: Re: cross-compiling again
To: David Forbes <david@flossy.u-net.com>
From: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@polder.ubc.kun.nl>
List: current-users
Date: 03/12/2000 21:44:16
On Sun 12 Mar 2000 at 13:02:03 +0000, David Forbes wrote:
> If anyone's had any joy in this respect, in particular compiling from i386
> to other architectures, I'd love to know how?

I have been trying to make cross tools towards VAX. I noticed that the
sources of the cross tools are not identical to those of the native
tools. For instance, the cross-as is not 64-bit clean, at least in the
parts that generate a.out objects. Even after correcting this, the
output is not identical to the native VAX as.

For cross/binutils (of which as is not used), I already submitted
patches to make it recognise the VAX as target. Most, but not all, of
the changes come from the native binutils sources.

Since I'm ill at this time, I unfortunately don't make any progress
right now.

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert - rhialto@polder.ubc.     -- If one tells the truth,
\X/ .kun.nl     -- one is sure, sooner or later, to be found out. (Oscar Wilde)