Subject: Re: HPT366 (UDMA/66 patch)
To: Guenther Grau <Guenther.Grau@marconicomms.com>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: current-users
Date: 03/12/2000 20:30:12
On Sat, Mar 11, 2000 at 06:42:22PM +0100, Guenther Grau wrote:
> And you also forgot a valid one, 66 Mhz. Some of my Sun server (e.g.
> E450)
> have 66 Mhz PCI slots. IIRC, even some high end x86 server have
> 66 Mhz PCI slots.

This was intentionnal :)
These 66Mhz PCI slots are usually 33/66, the speed will be selected at
setup time depending on the feature set of the board. So if you put
HPT366 board in such a slot it'll run at 33Mhz.
I guess when we'll see pciide boards that can do 66Mhz there will be a way
to know wether it's running at 33 or 66 Mhz. I'm not sure this would
change the internal clock of the ide controller anyway, so it may not make
differences for mode timings.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>