Subject: cross-compiling again
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: David Forbes <david@flossy.u-net.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/12/2000 13:02:03
I have been trying without success to cross-compile a kernel using the
cross stuff in pkgsrc.  Has anyone actually managed this, or are these
tools only suitable for building static userland binaries?

My latest experiment involved building an arm32 kernel on an arm32 machine
using the arm32-netbsd cross package.  Now I have built the same kernel
from the same source tree and it works.  In fact, I'm using it right now.
However, using the cross tools, the compile goes okay, but when booted it
fails to get as far as putting any text on the screen. (This may sound
like it's an arm32 specific issue, but I don't think it is, necessarily.)

If anyone's had any joy in this respect, in particular compiling from i386
to other architectures, I'd love to know how?

Thanks,

David.