Subject: Re: IDE tape drive
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: current-users
Date: 03/10/2000 21:39:36
On Fri, Mar 10, 2000 at 01:39:28PM -0500, D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:
> SCSI too?  I use SCSI drives all the time.  The supported hardware

SCSI tapes are supported, but the driver has to be split between common
vs scsi-specific parts.

> page doesn't mention them but they always work.  That's why I assumed
> that the ATAPI one would work too.

Unfortunably there's minor differences between scsi and atapi that requires
some changes to the scsi-only driver.

> Hmm.  Looked at some of that code and I don't think I know enough about
> ATAPI or tape drives to do this.  Is anyone started on this?  Can I throw
> a little money at someone to get it moved up their list?

Or better: a tape drive :) (with one or two cartridges :)

Does someone have pointers to tech docs about ATAPI tape drives ?

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>