Subject: Re: NetBSD-current resets
To: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/08/2000 15:13:08
Mason Loring Bliss writes:

> For example: I though my 128 meg PC100 stick was bad, so I took it out and
> popped in two 32 meg sticks from work. Everything ran fine, confirming the
> bad RAM. Then, recently, I bought another 128 meg stick, and the machine
> started blowing up again. It seems a bit like having too much memory makes
> softdep go insane. With 64 megs of RAM, I was stable. With 128, I was
> extremely unstable.

FWIW, I have an ABIT-BP6 (2x433) with 256MB of ECC SDRAM (CAS 2) that doesn't
seem have a problem with "too much RAM" and SOFTDEP.  I am even using the
experimental cpu spinup code.

Do you have a specific test case that blows up?  I have no difficulties
(currently!) running 'make build' repeatedly, etc.

-Andrew
Andrew Gillham                            | This space left blank
gillham@whirlpool.com                     | inadvertently.