Subject: Re: Walnut Creek and BSDI merged
To: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@polder.ubc.kun.nl>
From: John Nemeth <jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 03/08/2000 03:34:06
On Jul 26,  8:58am, Olaf Seibert wrote:
}
} I was at the offical starting meeting of the NLFUG (NL FreeBSD User
} Group), where Jordan Hubbard (of FreeBSD) had a talk. He announced that
} Walnut Creek CDROM and BSDI had merged friday night, and one of the
} results would be a merge of the BSDI and FreeBSD codebase. And some more

     Is there a press release, or some place where we can get more info
on this (I checked the websites of cdrom.com, bsdi.com, and freebsd.org
with no luck).  In particular, is there any info on what this means to
the respective codebases (i.e. is BSDI going to release some of their
proprietary stuff under a standard BSD licence or are they simply going
to gobble the goodies in FreeBSD that they don't already have)?

}-- End of excerpt from Olaf Seibert