Subject: Re: NetBSD-current resets
To: Adam Ciarcinski <adam@pulstar.albedo.art.pl>
From: Thilo Manske <Thilo.Manske@HEH.Uni-Oldenburg.DE>
List: current-users
Date: 03/07/2000 14:40:26
On Tue, Mar 07, 2000 at 02:29:44PM +0100, Adam Ciarcinski wrote:
> 2) When I don't launch RC5, GCC usually brokes from time to time
>    saying "internal compiler error" or something similar
> 3) The systems works for very long time (measured in days) when there is
>    no application eating too much CPU time

> I have AMDK6-2 350 MHz (overclocked 333 MHz), 128 MB RAM.
I get the same symptoms (up for weeks but internal compiler errors during
compilation of larger files) with my overclocked K6-2 if the core voltage is
too low. I guess what you see here are the results of aging: either the
voltage regulator give's slightly lower voltages now than it used to give
or the K6-2 has just gotten old..

Up the core voltage by 0.1V (on your own risk) or change the clock rate
back and see what happens.
--
Dies ist Thilos Unix Signature! Viel Spass damit.