Subject: Re: wireless / dhcp
To: Ted Lemon <mellon@isc.org>
From: Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino <itojun@iijlab.net>
List: current-users
Date: 03/06/2000 11:17:25
>I encourage you to come up with clever ideas for avoiding rewrite
>wars, but bear in mind that it may be less obvious than you think
>which configuration the client should adopt, and the multiple
>interface per client situation is relatively unlikely, so it's
>questionable whether this is worth spending time on (and,
>consequently, I ain't spending any time on it. :')

	I actually worried about situation where we run DHCPv4 client as
	well as DHCPv6 client, or getting name server information from other
	non-DHCP source (such as pppd?).
	I don't care about running multiple DHCPv4 client on a single host
	(the configuration seems very broken).

	If future ISC DHCP client does DHCPv6 as well, my problem will be
	covered:-)

itojun