Subject: Intel EtherExpress 16 cards
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@augustmail.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/04/2000 20:27:36
A friend recently picked up a stack of Intel EtherExpress 16 cards at a
flea market intending to use them with NetBSD/i386 and Windows-98/NT.
The cards are listed as supported by NetBSD and they were found to be in
working condition when tested with Windows-98.  However, the NetBSD-1.3,
NetBSD-1.4.1, and -current kernels never see them.  Windows identifies
the cards as "Intel EtherExpress 16 or 16Pro-Tx" cards.  They come with a
10Base-T and 15-pin female connector and fit into a half-height card
slot.

Is it possible these cards are a different variant of the ones NetBSD
supports?

Is it possible NetBSD support for them is somehow broken and the
documentation hasn't been updated?

Is anyone in a position and interested in working on a driver for these
cards?  I have one working card that I will give to anyone who can get it
working, and they can keep it afterwards.

Thanks,
-bob