Subject: More ifconfig-noted breakage info...
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: current-users
Date: 03/04/2000 09:03:17
By way of example:

ac /usr/src/sbin/ifconfig# ifconfig ep0 inet 10.0.0.1
ifconfig: SIOCDIFADDR: Address family not supported by protocol family

This is with yesterday's sources - 2000.03.03.

So far I've tried it with a kernel that has IPv6 built in, and I've tried
chopping out all references to IPv6 in ifconfig. I've even tried using an
ifconfig from 1.4.1, and it reacts the same way, so I don't think the problem
is with ifconfig.

Again, my system built 2000.02.16 had no problems.

Does anyone have any ideas? My next thought is to dig into whatever it is
with which ifconfig communicates in the kernel to see what happens with the
"inet" directive, since from the outside it looks like it's trying to take
my IPv4 addresses and interpret them as something else, despite the fact that
I don't have IPv6 in the kernel.

--
    Mason Loring Bliss  mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us  They also surf who
awake ? sleep : dream;  http://acheron.ne.mediaone.net  only stand on waves.