Subject: Re: scsi probe cd writer
To: Erik Bertelsen <erik@mediator.uni-c.dk>
From: SUNAGAWA Keiki <kei_sun@ba2.so-net.ne.jp>
List: current-users
Date: 03/01/2000 00:36:23
Hi,

Erik Bertelsen <erik@mediator.uni-c.dk> wrote:

Erik> I'm little confused about the probe of cd1, where I'd
Erik> expect a second line like the cd0: and sd0: lines. Why
Erik> is it not there? It seems that the probe or attachment
Erik> of the device stopped halfway through ...

Some CD-R drives return different response to SCSI inquery
depending on what kind of media is inserted in.
e.g. CD-ROM, raw CD-R, written CD-R, etc.  Does it explain
your ploblem?

Erik> I tried to build pkgsrc/cdrecord and/or
Erik> cdrecord-current, but apparently they need some
Erik> fiddling on NetBSD/macppc. I did suceed to build
Erik> cdrecord 1.8 based on pkgsrc/.../cdrecord-current with
Erik> some hacks (the expected current cdrecord does no
Erik> longer exist), but this hacked cdrecord says the same
Erik> as disklabel above supplemented by a remark about not
Erik> being able to load the SCSI driver. How much of this
Erik> is caused by an insufficiently hacked cdrecord or by
Erik> an incompletely configured device, I cannot tell.

See PR pkg/9506, pkg/9507 which I just sent and please let
me know if it solves the problem or not.

--
SUNAGAWA Keiki <kei_sun@ba2.so-net.ne.jp>
Hack on NetBSD, and your code runs on 26 architectures!