Subject: Re: i386 20000213 snapshot glitches
To: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
From: John Nemeth <jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 02/29/2000 22:11:14
On Jun 13,  8:35pm, Greywolf wrote:
} On Sun, 27 Feb 2000, John Nemeth wrote:
} # On Jun 7,  9:39pm, David Brownlee wrote:
} # }
} # } 	"/" being full:
} # } 		I believe pax honours the TMPDIR environment variable.
} # } 		Could you try setting it to /mnt/tmp before running
} # } 		systinst?
}
} My workaround has been to move /tmp out of the way to /otmp and recreate
} /tmp as a symlink to /mnt/tmp and mkdir /mnt/tmp once the filesystem
} is mounted.  This, unfortunately, requires Manual Intervention (MI can

     Which defeats the whole purpose of using sysinst.

} #      sysinst wants to run without the filesystems being mounted, so if
} # TMPDIR is required before the filesystems are prepped and mounted,
} # which is highly likely, this wouldn't work.  Besides, I don't want to
} # destroy the system that I built just to try this.
}
} Actually, it would work, because you're not going to be running pax
} until you have the filesystems mounted!  Just run it as

     What happens if something else which is ran prior to the
filesystems being mounted needs it?

}-- End of excerpt from Greywolf