Subject: Re: "make install" for kernel build?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: None <eric.delcamp@legrand.fr>
List: current-users
Date: 02/29/2000 09:09:43
Hi !

If we have a script for installing a new kernel, the goal is to have a
'standard' way for this, a method that everyone use, a real STANDARD.
If you choose to not use this way and do your method, it's your system and your
choice.
The goal of a standard is to provide to everyone a commom configuration to help
future actions. I think we could not cope with hundred of 'personal' way to name
 the kernel or install a new one, or renaming an old one.
With such a 'standard', your friend will never erased an old kernel, or
something like this (because this will be automatic, and we can implement an
archive system).
But don't miss understand me, your method is good, and it could be choosen to be
 the standard script ;-))
We just need ONE simple method.
I hope that I'm not too agressive ;-))

Thanks.