Subject: StarOffice stability
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Jones <chris@cjones.org>
List: current-users
Date: 02/28/2000 22:54:12
I seem to recall seeing a message a while ago, saying something to the
effect of, "StarOffice works pretty well now."  Seems like a pretty
vague statement, though...  :)

My experience has been that it works fine for word-processing and
spreadsheet stuff, but it hangs if I try to load Events or Tasks.
This is on a kernel from a couple of days ago, and userland a few
weeks old.

Also, though it claims (according to ps and top) to only want about 3%
of my CPU, it's always in a "run" state, and the load average is
always above 1.  Any thoughts on that?

Another random question:  Has anybody attempted to run the Solaris x86
(or Sparc) versions?  Does Solaris do weird system-call stuff that
we're not likely to support?

Chris

--
Chris Jones                                          cjones@honors.montana.edu