Subject: Re: i386 20000213 snapshot glitches
To: John Nemeth <jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca>
From: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 02/28/2000 09:55:32
On Sun, 27 Feb 2000, John Nemeth wrote:

>      sysinst wants to run without the filesystems being mounted, so if
> TMPDIR is required before the filesystems are prepped and mounted,
> which is highly likely, this wouldn't work.  Besides, I don't want to
> destroy the system that I built just to try this.

	As greywolf noted - by the time you run pax you had better
	have a destination filesystem mounted or you probably have bigger
	problems than the sie of your /tmp :)

> } 	MAKEDEV needing grep:
> } 		This sounds distinctly bogus, could you submit a PR?
>
> The line that has grep was added in revision 1.84 by christos
>
> [..]
>
> That was done 8.5 months ago (the current revision is 1.101).  Do you
> still feel that it is a bug?

	Definitely - as does christos :)

	I don't have a fdesc enabled kernel anywhere near... Could someone
	test this - its a suggested fix from Christos, lightly tweaked
	(potentially broken :), by me...

> # Check if we have fdesc mounted
> if [ -d fd ]; then
>         case "`df fd`" in