Subject: Re: i386 20000213 snapshot glitches
To: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
From: John Nemeth <jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 02/27/2000 05:33:42
On Jun 7,  9:39pm, David Brownlee wrote:
}
} 	"/" being full:
} 		I believe pax honours the TMPDIR environment variable.
} 		Could you try setting it to /mnt/tmp before running
} 		systinst?

     sysinst wants to run without the filesystems being mounted, so if
TMPDIR is required before the filesystems are prepped and mounted,
which is highly likely, this wouldn't work.  Besides, I don't want to
destroy the system that I built just to try this.

} 	MAKEDEV needing grep:
} 		This sounds distinctly bogus, could you submit a PR?

     It comes from this bit of code:

# Check if we have fdesc mounted
if [ -d fd ]; then
        df fd | grep -q fdesc
        if [ $? = 0 ]; then
                nofdesc=false
        else
                nofdesc=true
        fi
else
        nofdesc=true
fi

The line that has grep was added in revision 1.84 by christos with this
commit message:

Don't barf when we have fdesc mounted. Just skip the devices fdesc provides

It was further modified in revision 1.86 by christos with this message:

Make sure fd is a directory before we df it.

That was done 8.5 months ago (the current revision is 1.101).  Do you
still feel that it is a bug?

} 	libkrb5.so.6:
} 		Sounds like it was a non exportable snapshot - try
} 		extracting secr.tgz after install.

     That wasn't supplied, so I would probably have to compile it.

}-- End of excerpt from David Brownlee