Subject: Who got Mozilla to build? Clue me in, please...
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@rumolt.teuto.de>
List: current-users
Date: 02/27/2000 10:07:03
I seem to remember several people claiming they got Mozilla M13 to build (but
not work).

Can you please give a complete autoconf-ignorand simple-minded programmer
like me a clue? How do you overcome the autoconf error in nsprpub?

creating config/autoconf.mk
creating webshell/embed/gtk/mozilla_config.mk
configuring in nsprpub
running /bin/sh ./configure  --with-pthreads=/usr/pkg/lib --enable-nspr-autoconf --disable-tests --with-jpeg=/usr/pkg/lib --with-zlib --with-png=/usr/pkg/lib --prefix=/usr/home/martin/mozilla/m13/mozilla/dist --cache-file=.././config.cache --srcdir=.
Do not build in the srcdir as it will override Makefiles used by non-autoconf build.
configure: error: ./configure failed for nsprpub

When I follow the advise, mkdir a nsprpub_build directory and do ./configure
in nsprpub manually like this:

cd mozilla/nsprpub_build
../nsprpub/configure --with-mozilla --srcdir=../nsprpub --with-pthreads=/usr/pkg/lib

the created makefiles will fail in mysterious ways (trying to recrate
directories they just created).

Help!

Martin