Subject: Re: ps vs /proc
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <dolecek@ics.muni.cz>
List: current-users
Date: 02/22/2000 17:11:22
der Mouse wrote:
> It did.  f_flags turned into f_oflags, with f_flags changing from a
> short to a long (thereby growing the struct).

I checked the sources and the structure size has not changed after
all. The old u_short f_flags was really renamed to f_oflags, but
space for three new 'long' members (f_flags, f_syncwrites,
f_asyncwrites) were taken from f_spare[] array (see mount.h, the
change was in rev. 1.78, when soft-updates were merged).  So no
versioning is needed and old binaries should work just fine.

> Anything from before the struct statfs change will do. :)  On the
> system I noticed this on, I think most of userland dates from 1.4; I
> think my 1999-08-13 source tree has a pre-change struct statfs too.

Would it be possible to find somehow what the stafs() or fstatfs()
call returns ? But it seems like the bug is elsewhere ....

Jaromir
--
Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>      http://www.ics.muni.cz/~dolecek/
@@@@  Wanna a real operating system ? Go and get NetBSD, damn!  @@@@