Subject: mk.conf vars take NO or no? (was Re: current-20000206)
To: Assar Westerlund <assar@sics.se>
From: Miles Nordin <carton@Ivy.NET>
List: current-users
Date: 02/21/2000 16:28:41
On 21 Feb 2000, Assar Westerlund wrote:

> Miles Nordin <carton@Ivy.NET> writes:
> > 1. Shouldn't MKOBJDIRS be defaulted to and tested against NO in capital
> >    letters, not ``no,'' to be consistent with our other variables?  This
> >    is in src/Makefile
>
> I dunno about the way this has been done, but just looking at the
> Makefile it seems like have ``no'' is the common way.  Am I confused?

No, I was confused.  It's correct, lower-case, matches MKMAN and MKSHARE
and such.  However, pkgsrc seems to use NO in caps, sometimes at least.
(USE_RSAREF2?) It's not badly documented or difficult to figure out.  But
we should have a consensus on this, shouldn't we?

--
Miles Nordin / v:+1 720 841-8308 fax:+1 530 579-8680
555 Bryant Street PMB 182 / Palo Alto, CA 94301-1700 / US